Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 2+ years of experience.
22727371

Epson Stylus Photo RX 500 with printer driver 5.5bAs to accommodate

Epson Stylus Photo RX 500 with printer driver 5.5bAs to accommodate Service Pack II (XP Home Program). I now have for some time Service Pack III.

2 Problems:
1.Nozzle check is ok;Shaded areas like under the chin or the side of the head are printed red.
2. Black printing comes out pale green and there is a shade of green over the whole page.

Any advice?
Christian in Kelowna
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question Christian. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Sorry, to hear about the issue you are having with your printer.

Did you try manually cleaning the printhead ?

What is the age of your printer ?

Regards,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have not tried to manually clean the print head (don't know how to).

The printer is 10 years old with modest use for a retired couple.

Thanks for replying,

We will now try manual cleaning.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the printer.
3) Remove all the ink cartridges as well as print head from the machine.
4) Use cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head and the contacts on each cartridges .
Note:You have to clean repeatedly until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
5) Then allow the cartridges and print heads to dry(important).
6) Then replace back everything.
7) Then turn off your printer for a minute or two and then restart and print a test page.

Tell me how it goes!

Please don't rate this answer until your problem is solved. If this answer doesn't works then reply using the Reply to expert feature.

Regards,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I filled 2 rags with ink cleaning the print head (for the first time).

Result:

Black printing is perfect (the rest of the page remains white.

Colour: All colours are good; no red shading. But the back ground, in this case grey concrete, still has a green hue.

Do more cleaning?

Your system has a problem with my email address. I have put it in correct every time, it is the only one I have (it seems to be used by some one else, too.

Thank you, Christian

Thanks for replying,

I would suggest you to use a printhead cleaning kit. It will help you clean/unclog your printhead 100%.

Please follow this link to buy the printhead cleaning kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRINT-HEAD-CLEANING-KIT-Epson-Stylus-RX500-RX600-RX620-Printer-Ink-Cleaner-New-/251051990676

You will get a manual with your kit. It will tell you how to use the kit.

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Would you like to close this question at this time? I don't want to delay you unnecessarily. Again, if there's anything you would like discussed in more detail, and not necessarily only related to this question, let me know and I'll do my best.

Regards,

Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience: Electronics engineer with 2+ years of experience.