Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.

HI, I am having trouble scanning from my MG4260 to my laptop,

HI, I am having trouble scanning from my MG4260 to my laptop, probably some simple thing I'm not doing..

Hello Wendy! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Was scanning working previously? Or is this the first time you are trying to scan?

Is there any error or message when scanning?

Is printing still working fine?

Do you connect the printer to the computer with a USB / printer cable? Or is the printer connected via wireless / network?

Are you scanning from the printer's screen or computer's screen?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wow you need to know lots, now I also have another problem that is more of an issue? Before we go any further , are you able to assist with both? the other issue is we are unable to wireless print from lap top and ipad and that is the reason we bought this printer...

Sorry. Yes, I can help both. What's the brand/model of your wireless modem/router device?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

What happens when you install the printer CD disk and follow the instructions to set up the printer with wireless?

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is going to sound dumb but I'm pretty sure i have vista, where do l look to confirm, sorry...

and haven't done the disc think for ages but from memory we just got to a point and it wouldn't let us go any further.. I will ry to find disc.. sorry

That's okay. Can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then check your windows version and if your System type: is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, please check at the back/bottom of your Internet / wireless modem/router for the brand/model of it.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

this might be dumb too but i use my ipad person hotspot for my Internet...

I'm sorry, unfortunately, the wireless / wi-fi option of the printer can only connect with a Wi-Fi/wireless router, not via hotspot, so wireless printing/scanning won't work with computer or iPad via hotspot.

Do you still want help with scanning via USB / cable printer connection?

Are you still able to print fine from the computer to the printer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oh dear that's very annoying, why did that man sell it to me then??

What is involved with getting a Wi/FI wireless router??

Yes I still do require help with scanning

I'm sorry. Usually, the seller assumes you have a Wi-Fi/wireless connection from DSL or Cable internet, not from hotspot.

You need to check with your local wireless or internet service providers for DSL internet or cable internet or satellite internet or wireless hotspot device/plan, etc.

One more thing, are you still able to print from the computer to this printer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes printing and copying are fine..

Thank you. Please try the following:

1. Click on Start, All programs, Accessories, Paint
2. Click on the tiny down arrow icon or menu icon at the top left corner in Paint program
3. Click on Scan from scanner or camera...
4. Scan... and save.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you