Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I ran a 1/2 sheet heavy paper into drawer paper feeder (instead

I ran a 1/2 sheet heavy paper into drawer paper feeder (instead of the back, darn!) and it is jammed inside. Can see it when looking at the bottom of the printer through some teeth-like things. How do I get the bottom off to pull the paper out. It is visible nowhere else.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

what kind of printer is it ?

Usually there is a way in to just about everyplace in a printer without pulling it apart. Not always but usually. If it is a laser jet have you tried pulling the toner cartridge and going in through the top?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a Canon Pixma MG5320

There are 5 cartridges that cruise across on a belt. Can I physically move them or how to how move them? However, it looks solid below the path that they follow...I see no entrance.

that is an inkjet not a laserjet

there should be a back door to it that you can pull down

If that doesn't work I think its going to be hard to get to. I doubt the bottom will come right off. you probably have to take the casing off the top ( probably some plastic snaps or screws locking it to the bottom. but it might not do you much good as the entire printer is still going to be in the way.

I would definitely look towards going in from the back instead.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't consider this an answer and do not want to pay $38 for something I knew already! I have tried to get in and can't. So, I don't think you helped me at all. I thought you would be able to tell me exactly how to get inside the printer.

I cant find a repair manual for that printer. I am going to opt out here and maybe somebody else will have an answer that you like. My feeling is that printer is not really large enough for there to not be a door to get to a full piece of card stock. But if you say there is not than I am not going to argue with you.

have a nice day somebody else will work with you and you will get a notice when they have an answer for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is 1/2 sheet paper somewhat lighter than card stock in there...more like construction paper. How do I get in there? I would be happy to discontinue this discussion if I could just get a full refund. Maybe you guys can't really help me with this and should just return my money, ok?

have you gone through the standard paper jam instructions? I was trying to pull them up for you but the canon site was having issues. I can try again in a little bit and see if I can get to them. But there are usually a few covers that open up and between them they get to just about everywhere in the printer.

What happens if you just turn it on and off sometimes it will eject a page on its own doing its post routine when it starts up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have turned in on and off many times. So far, I know nothing more from you than I knew already. WAs hoping to find someone who knew how to get into the printer. I took 4 screws off the back and it merely loosened two corner pieces.

I think we should quit and decide you cannot help me. Please refund my money. I'll have to find a repairman who can look at it physically for me.

the rear door opens up and then there is a little piece that pulls out to give you access that way

Remove the paper following the procedure below.

1. Detach the rear cover.

2. Pull the paper out slowly.

there is also a way to get in underneath the ink cartridges

every way to get in there is on this page. I just don't believe that the printer is large enough to not be able to get a half a page of paper without removing the cover.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=40079