Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
46422908

Ive got Canon i860. After printing a lot of photos I was

I've got Canon i860. After printing a lot of photos I was told yellow ink was out. I replaced it and noticed following prints had magenta band toward the bottom on following prints. I tried cleaning, deep cleaning, nozzle check and print align. No help. turned things off and on and reinstalled the driver from the original disc. Now I've really got trouble. Basically, it's a window blind effect with 1/4" horizontal bands of magenta through entire page. When I check nozzles, I see that 2nd band of all colors is missing. I tried pulling the print head and cleaning it. Still no help. Looked at Canon User Guide. No help for this kind of problem.

Any ideas?
Hi. I am Rick and I will be your printer professional.

What you are describing is a perfect example of a printhead assy that has partially shorted out. This will cause exactly what you are describing. The sad part to this is that the only fix for it is to replace the printhead assy. While this is a quite easy job the cost is not. A New head for this printer will cost about $70 which in my opinion is a high price to pay to fix it. If however you would like to do that I will gladly help you locate a new head for it.