Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

my pixmaip4000printer suddenly started flashing 5 yellow and

my pixmaip4000printer suddenly started flashing 5 yellow and one green and won't print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 11 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine?
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

clean what machine? The printer? The computer. Help.

.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is not asking me to insert the cartridges.

.
Please put them back in anyway then.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I did and it is not fixed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I did what you suggested and it is not fixed.

.
I was afraid of that, the next step would be to try a print head cleaning kit like this one: Click Here It says Brother but it works with all brands as all kits come with the same thing. It comes with solution that dissolves dried ink that may be on the sensors or in the ink line a syringe and instructions. If this still does not work it is it means the print head has failed. In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced.

I really hate to have to tell you this but after the troubleshooting we have done if the problem is still there I am sorry to say you indeed are going to require a new part. I know this is not what you want to here but I want to make sure I am honest with the information I provide you. You would need to replace the print head in order to fix this issue.

I wish there was another way but with everything you have
posted I am confident this is the problem with your machine. The reason for this is he print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page. Over time these parts deteriorate and need to be replaced.

A new print head normally costs between $80 and $100. It would take about 30 minutes to an hour for a tech to replace it at their shop rate. Most Shops charge between $65 and $75 per hour. You can get the part from here: Click Here In case you would like to look for it somewhere else the part number is XXXXX

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If this machine is under a year old Brother will normally cover the part under warranty. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your time. We will replace the machine. It is very old.

.
You're welcome and if you would like me to I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience