Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Printer Stylus R1900 Yesterday I received delivery of 10 Cartridges

Printer Stylus R1900
Yesterday I received delivery of 10 Cartridges of all colours (Australian Tax Invoice 90900244 AUS$248.24).
Today I changed T0872 Cyan. The result was: "Ink cartridges cannot be recognised, Cyan".

I then put in another new Cyan cartridge. Result: "Ink cartridges cannot be recognised, Matte Black".
I changed the Matte Black cartridge. Result: "Ink cartridges cannot be recognised, Red".
So I changed the Red cartridge. Result: "Ink cartridges cannot be recognised, Cyan".
Back to where I started.
The printer did not recognise the new Cyan cartridge, but also denied recognition of Matte Black and Red, cartridges untouched by me.
After many years of faultless service this is the first time the R1900 stuffed up. Your help would be appreciated.
Paul Hunter
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

Question, the ink cartridges that you received.. Were they genuine brand new, epson ink cartridges.. Or were they 3rd party or remanufactured or refilled epson cartridges?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are genuine brand new cartridges supplied by Epson Australia Pty Ltd

Thanks Paul.

Most likely, we just need to clearout the error messages, this link should help guide you through the process to clear the message.

If that doesnt do the trick.. Then you need to reset the waste ink counters, and the video below will help walk you through that process.

We must complete one or both of these two resets, as epson ( if you call them ) will advise sending the printer in for service, which will cost far more then the free steps Ive referred to to reset the ink levels as shown on the two links above.

if you have any further questions Paul, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again Dustin,

I have done everything you suggested, replaced more cartridges, and things are fine.

Thank you,