Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I have an HP LaserJet Pro 300 color MPF M375nw. I have had

I have an HP LaserJet Pro 300 color MPF M375nw. I have had it set up on wireless for quite some time and it has worked flawlessly. I was on Verizon DSL and recently switched over to TWC for faster service. I have a new router and consequently, a new password. I kept the SSID the same. My laptop works fine wirelessly, but my HP obviously won't work. I went into the menu on the printer to wireless settings, and it shows my old network as being disconnected (makes sense). However, when try to establish a new network setting, the message comes back indicating it can't find any networks. When I try to manually type in the new SSID - it still can't find the router - even though i have it 3 inches away from the router - and my computer sees the router just fine. I tried printing a diagnostic report from the printer menu - and nothing prints - the ink cartridges don't even move around indicating it's trying to do something, or even reading the commands given to it by the screen. any thoughts?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I'm here

Shefin :

Please turn off the computer, unplug all its cables and wait for two minutes.

Customer:

computer or printer?

Customer:

I had it unnplugged all night

Shefin :

Sorry, the printer.

Customer:

(printer)

Customer:

but im doing it again will be back in 2 minutes

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

just plugged it back in and turned it on

Shefin :

Try setting up the wireless again.

Customer:

1) it says wireless not connected (makes sense)

Customer:

2) hit wireless menu and go to wireless setup wizard

Customer:

3) says no networks found. ensure the wireless router is turned on, and press [refresh]

Customer:

my wireless router is on - that's how i'm typing to you now

Shefin :

Please start Wireless setup wizard.

Customer:

that is what i did

Customer:

and the steps above are what is happening

Customer:

my computer reads the router, my phone reads the router, my printer does not

Customer:

and my wireless is "on" on the printer

Shefin :

1. Touch the Wireless Menu button.

2. Touch the Turn Wireless On/Off button, and then touch the On button.

Customer:

i've done that

Shefin :

Turn it off and turn it on again.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

done

Shefin :

Open the Reports menu, and select the Configuration Report item to print the report.

Customer:

ok done

Shefin :

Is it the correct SSID?

Customer:

where do i find thta?

Shefin :

On the Configuration resport.

Shefin :

Check the service set identifier (SSID).

Customer:

i don't see anything that says ssid

Shefin :

service set identifier

Customer:

there's a Service ID?

Shefin :

No, it is service set identifier

Shefin :

You have printer Network configuration report. Right?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

header is HP LaserJet300 colorMFP M375nw

Customer:

Configuration report

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Nothing says service set identifier?

Customer:

i don't see anywhere that says service set identifier

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Customer:

yes - there's a service ID: it says 22161

Customer:

However, my router is set to "Jesus"

Customer:

ok

Shefin :

Open the Network Setup menu, and then open the Wireless Menu item.

Customer:

ok

Shefin :

Select the Run Network Test item to test the wireless network. The product prints a report with the results.

Customer:

i've tried that in the past and didn't print - now it is

Customer:

wireless on pass

Customer:

wireless working pass

Customer:

network name (SSID) found fail

Customer:

under troubleshooting -

Customer:

your hp printer cannot find your netowrk. A network name (SSID) was found that closely matches your wireless network's name except for conflicting upper and lower case. Run the printer's wireless network setup and be sure to enter the SSID exactly. Including upper and lower case.

Shefin :

Could you please run Wireless Setup wizard again?

Customer:

your hp printer cannot find your wireless router. check that your wireless router is powered on. check that the printer's network ssid matches the netowrk name (ssid) of your iwreless router. if the names don't match exactly, run the wireless networks setup to configure your hp printer

Customer:

now it's retreiving the list!

Customer:

connection established

Customer:

thank you

Shefin :

Great!

Customer:

what was the problem? i had done everything you mentioned prior to reaching out - what was tripping it up?

Shefin :

Are you able to print?

Shefin :

May be turning it off and on again resolved the issue.

Shefin :
I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need.
Shefin :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Customer:

no

Customer:

it's not printing

Customer:

i'm shutting down and back on

Shefin :

Have you set the wireless connection properly?

Customer:

idk i think so

Customer:

i just turned it off and again

Shefin :

Are you using Mac OS X?

Customer:

no windows 7 64 bit

Shefin :

Please turn off the computer, router and the printer.

Shefin :

Restart it and check if you are able to print.

Customer:

never mind - now it's printing

Shefin :

Great!

Shefin :

I am glad to hear that!

Shefin :
Customer:

thank you

Shefin :

You are most welcome!

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.