Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
46422908

I have an older Dell AI0 922 printer. There was a paper jam

I have an older Dell AI0 922 printer. There was a paper jam then after extracting the paper the printer went off except for a constant blinking green light that stays on unless the printer is unplugged. I've tried unplugging, replugging all cords, restarting the computer - nothing is working - there is no message in the printer read out window - everything seems to be off - I get printer error messages when trying to print a document.

Any ideas as to the problem?

Thanks
Diana RobeyXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Hi. I am Rick and I will be your printer professional.

Lets see if we can find your problem. Give this a try first.

Turn off the printer and then unplug it from the power source.
Now press and hold the power (on/off) button for 1 minute.
Now release the button and plug the printer back in.
Turn it on and see if the error clears.
Let me know how this goes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

IT's doing the same thing - the power button flashing green light

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Ok one more thing I would like you to try.

Remove your ink cartridges and then re seat them and see if that clears the error and let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Still the same......

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
OK, that was the reset and it should have cleared any error message you were getting as in the blinking light. If it did not do the trick and reseating the cartridges did not help, your problem is that when you had the paper jam and you removed it, the paper jamming caused the paper sensor in the printer to get mis alligned or damaged. This was a very common problem with the older Dell printers and while it can be fixed it would cost so much for a technician or Dell to do the repair, mostly labor charges, you can replace the printer for almost as much. This repair usually runs about $75 and a bit more if Dell does it.
I am sorry for the bad news but if I can help further with this please let me know.
Richard, Technician
Experience: AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Okay....thanks for your help.....I was suspecting something like that could be the case.......any suggestions on finding an inexpensive printer that also scans? doesn't have to be color....

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
You are very welcome.
If you have a Walmart near you go there. THey have some Canon and HP printers there and some of the models are actualy under $100 and they do scan, print, copy and are wifi. That would be the best place to get it.
Please do the ratings and if you have time let me know what you get, I would be interested to know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, again......I didn't think it would be as easy as going to Walmart!

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Sometimes it does work out that way.