Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I am receiving a printing error on my Canon MF6550 as follows Load

I am receiving a printing error on my Canon MF6550 as follows

Load Paper: LGL

I have tried loading legal paper in the regular paper tray and also in the pass through tray with no results. Unplugging the printer with no results. Pressing Reset, Stop, Clear with no results.

Can you help me get this to work again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

This is a confusing error given by Canon MF printers. What it means is that the tray is set to legal paper (or the program) and the tray does not see legal paper inserted. The possible remedies are:
  1. If you are trying to print to Legal paper, then make sure you manually select the bypass tray as the paper source - otherwise it will try to use the internal tray.
  2. If you are NOT trying to print legal, then you will need to set tray 1 to letter size. If that's the case and you need instructions, please let me know. Likewise, if you need instructions on manually choosing the tray, let me know what software you are printing from and I can give you instructions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I am not trying to print to legal size paper. I think I have set the paper tray to letter, but am not sure. I was trying to print a tax return from Drake software and have NEVER had this problem before (I've been using this printer and software since 2008). Can you help with this?

Yes, I can.

Is this your first time having the problem with Drake? Drake does print some documents in Legal size. When you print, if you are clicking on a print icon, please try clicking on file then print to get the print dialog - from there you can go to the properties of the printer. Please let me know if you are able to do that.

Also, what operating system is on your computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

This is the first time having a problem with Drake. I was able to print the tax return on my HP1006 instead with no paper problems. My operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  replied 11 months ago.

Barbara, why did you provide a poor service rating? I know you are frustrated with the problem, however please understand that I am not associated with Drake nor with Canon. I am trying to help you and we are not done. Please consider changing your rating to one that accurately reflects my level of performance. If you really feel that I have given you poor service, please let me know what more I can do to help.

The HP1006 is a different printer altogether and printing to it doesn't solve your original question. You asked me to help you with the canon printer. It is possible that Drake is set up to print to the HP. In Drake, once set up for a printer, you should print to that printer unless you go into the settings and change the printer it is expecting.

Please check the printer settings in Drake.
From the Drake Home window, go to Setup > Printing > Printer Setup.
In F5 General Setup, check the tray for the default paper source.
In F8, check the printer - this should be set to the printer you are currently printing to. You can also select the main paper source on this page and for opt. large source and/or manual feed you can select the bypass tray.

If those are set as you expect them, then you can go through the printer assistant by selecting F8 and selecting the printer test assistant. Select the printer from there and print a test page and follow the steps.

Let me know the results.

Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Here's how we actually fixed the problem. We cleared all print jobs. Unplugged the printer and started it up again. I now prints out normally with no errors.

Barbara Culver