Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

ok I have a MG5220 Canon printer. the black BK and PKGBK ink

ok I have a MG5220 Canon printer. the black BK and PKGBK ink tanks needed to be replaced and of course I did not have them with me. I left the printer cover open hoping the print head would remain in the cartridge replacement position but no it went back all the way to the right and now I get an error code suggesting I power the printer off and on. No results. All is basically stuck: print head wide open, not moving to replacement position
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the cartridges to where they were, it should move freely with a small amount of force unless it is damaged.
Replace the cartridge and then move them to the middle of the bar by hand.

Plug the machine in and turn it on with the cover closed.
It should detect the cartridges in the middle and recalibrate itself.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the cartridges to where they were,==> in the middle of the bar it should move freely with a small amount of force unless it is damaged.
Replace the cartridge==>replace the 2 ink tanks "and then move them to the middle of the bar by hand.==>I should not have to do this

... I am trying now ..plz see my comments in fine print.. thanks I will let you know within 10 minutes

.
I agree you should not have to do this but I have no control over how Canon manufacturers their machines.
.