Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.

HP Deskjet 2050 -series2 Says Output tray closed. Its not

HP Deskjet 2050 -series2 Says Output tray closed.
It's not closed, How do I re-set it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi. I am Rick and I will be your printer professional.

Give this a try an let me know if it helps.

Turn off the printer and then unplug it from the power source.
Now press and hold the power (on/off) button for 1 minute.
Now release the button and plug the printer back in.
Turn it on and see if the error clears.
Let me know how this goes.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Green Button Flashing

Printer Ready --- Printer going offline --Page one 13 % compete

Can't seem to turn it off by pressing green button

disconnected power -- held button for 1 min

started up again green button steady paper started to feed

about an inch -- stopped.

Still stuck ???

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Ok tthat was a reset for the hardware. Seeing as that did not clear it let me ask you to do one more thing. While the printer is on take your hand and put preasure on the door and see if the error clears while you are doing that.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Still thinks the output tray is closed

Flashing green button

Red X on

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
This error can also be from a paper jam. Have you had a paper jam recently?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

None that I know of. This last several try's the paper feeds down

about an inch or sometimes 2.

It's nice and clean inside.

The black plastic stick does not go back in when I close the ourput

tray door it bends. Is it to push back in ?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Ok that sounds like the paper tray feeder mechanism has become detached inside the printer. THis also has the sensor for the paper output tray which is why you are getting this error.

Can I ask how old this printer is?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It's about 2 years old.

I sure thank you for your efforts and advice.

I'm at a resort, it's only used for several weeks

3 times a year. Well taken care of.

It Just broke I guess.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
You are very welcome. This part is not uncommon to brake on this printer. The piece is rather flimsy and does cause problems. Being out of warranty the cost of getting this thing repaired will be almost as much as replacing the printer.
Richard, Technician
Experience: AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks Out.