Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I purchased a pixma MP 960, serial#AAKX00279 Jan./07 for use

I purchased a pixma MP 960, serial#AAKX00279 Jan./07 for use with my i-mac version 10.6.8

I have just purchased a new i-mac, version10.8.5 and cannot get my printer to work.

Can I upgrade the printer driver and how?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As this new iMac version has only been out for a few weeks, I prefer not to go back to the 10.7 Do you know if Canon upgrades their versions after new computer versions are released? Maybe I should wait??

I think you may be waiting for apple on this one. The way I read it canon isn't bothering to make osx 10.8 drivers for their old printers because apple is including them in the operating system. But they haven't done that one.

what it did say is that if you install it under 10.7 and then upgrade to 10.8 it will continue to work. I wont say that's a really smart thing to do going backwards just to get the printer working but that might be the only way to do it. I might try just downloading the driver for 10.7 and see if it works under 10.8

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My old apple was version10.1 which I had upgraded to version 10.6.8. That is as high as I could upgrade it.

What version of printer driver upgrade can I use with the OS 10.6.8?