Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My printer will not print. the error seems to be in the printer

My printer will not print. the error seems to be in the printer or ink system error code ox6100006.. Bonnie
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What is the exact model of the printer?
How old is it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HP officejet 6700 Premium 4 in 1 About 6months old

.
Ok that means it would be covered under warranty then.
This error normally means the print head needs to be replaced which is what the ink cartridges are inserted into.

You can get this done under the warranty by calling: 1-800-474-6836
They will have you try things like unplugging it which you have already done, then normally will send out a replacement.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If my printer is older than one year ? I am not sure until i look up the receipt

.
If it is older than a year old you can order the part it is a 950 model print head.
I do not suggest trying to replace it yourself if you never have before as you have to disassemble most of the machine.

The part normally costs between $60 and $80.
To have a technician replace it will take between 30 and 60 minutes (most shops charge $65-$75 an hour).

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had to go ahead and buy a new printer as the total cost to repair was more expensive Bonnie