Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

Im trying to connect my Pixma MP160 to my MacBook Pro. I

I'm trying to connect my Pixma MP160 to my MacBook Pro. I have the CD-ROM but when I try to install it, the installation progress gets to 71% but no further. I've left it for up to 30 minutes to no avail.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting you today.

Customer:

Terrific. What do I do now?

Michelle :

Cancel the installation

Michelle :

remove the cd

Michelle :

check the cd if it has scratches on it and let me know

Customer:

That's not as easy as it sounds. When I click on the "setup" heading on top, the "quit setup" is grayed out. When I try to move the setup icon on the desktop to the trash it says I can't because setup is in progress.

Michelle :

push the cd button and remove the disk

Customer:

When I do that it says: "The disk "Canon_IJ" couldn't be ejected because "setup" is using it. Quit that application and try to eject the disk again." Should I try a force quit?

Michelle :

try shutting down the power by holding it down for 5 seconds

Customer:

OK, how do I get you back?

Michelle :

or you may try a force quit

Customer:

Wait, this just in! I was able to get the CD-ROM ejected. At least that's progress. Now what?

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

in case we get disconnected open justanswer email and you will be able to get back to the chat

Customer:

OK, where from here?

Michelle :

now i will give you a link to download and install the printer driver

Michelle :

what is the version of the mac os

Michelle :

you have on macbook pro

Customer:

I'm running OS X 10.8.5

Michelle :

Click on driver and software

Michelle :

button

Michelle :

from the Operating System drop down select 10.8

Michelle :

download and install it.

Customer:

OK, I see the driver and software. Under "show all" I clicked on drivers and it says: "there are no drivers for the OS version you selected."

Michelle :

yes i see that

Michelle :

give me a moment

Michelle :

try to download 10.7 both drivers printer and scanner and once installed we can run mac updates

Michelle :

that should automatically update and if it does not then the printer must be not compatible with 10.8

Customer:

OK, am doing that now.

Michelle :

alright

Customer:

We Have Liftoff! Thank you Michelle!

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below to complete the rating. If you have any question or need more help please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors