Kamil Anwar, Technician
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

my printer photosmart 5510 series is not printing black in

my printer photosmart 5510 series is not printing black ink
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and i will do my best to assist you.

This problem is usually fixed by performing a hard reset on the printer, and once it comes back on and asks for the cartridges then re-insert them.

To perform a Hard Reset follow steps below.

1. Remove all cartridges from the printer.
2. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
3. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
5. Wait at least 15 seconds.
6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
8. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on.

If this does not works, then there may be a hardware fault with the printer. Can you please try this and let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi kamil

thanks for the advice i tried the hard reset but that did not work. anything else i could try

Hi Tessa,

There is another method which is to do a Semi-Full Reset but this is a risky one.

It is used by the the developers and support persons to debug.

If any thing goes wrong while performing semi-full reset, the printer can go dead and will need to be sent back to HP.

May i know if the warranty is still available for this printer?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it is out of warranty

Hi Tessa

I will be very honest with you - there is a method to do semi full reset but that is risky if done wrong.

We can try that if that doesn't works then you will have to take the printer to a repair shop.

If you wish to try that please let me know and I will provide the required steps.

Also, since it's out if warranty and has started causing troubles are you considering buying a new one?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i may try the repair shop thank you

No problem. If you need any assistance please do let me know. Also, if you can take a minute to rate my answer that will be appreciated.

Thanks
Kamil Anwar, Technician
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.