Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Help, I have my black and colour ink cartridges installed into

Help, I have my black and colour ink cartridges installed into printer as usual. They are new ink cartridges. However I am not sure why this is happening the printer is not printing my black and white documents it is printing properly, the paper comes out but there is no colour very faint
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 11 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Advent AW10

.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

did not work :(

.
Ok the next step is to remove the print head: Click Here
Once you have it removed soak it in warm water for 15 minutes.

After that dry it off with a lint free cloth.
Test the machine again and see if the same thing happens.

.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It did not work. However I did print preview and the computer itself is not showing on the print preview the black writing. Any ideas? Would you find it easier to log on remotely?

.
No this is a hardware issue so remote is not going to do anything.
If none of that worked it means the print head has failed and needs to be replaced.

Sometimes cleaning it one of the ways we just did will get it working again.
These machines use a Kodak #10 print head which you can get here: Click Here

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I had a problem with printer the other day and someone from here logged on remotely and added new printer onto my drive.I have just looked at the printer model it is wrong? Can that also be an issue

.
No that would not cause this issue. This is a hardware error otherwise you would not get a "very faint" print. You would instead get an error message. Only the print head and ink cartridges can cause the problem you are currently seeing.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was another way but in order to fix this the print head needs to be replaced. Unfortunately it is a common problem with brands manufactured by Kodak as they use the cheapest parts on the market. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience