Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator

How do you rotate scanned document images on the Canon Pixma

How do you rotate scanned document images on the Canon Pixma MX722
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you today!

If you would like, I can connect to you during a remote support session, and show you on screen how to rotate the scanned images..

• Would you like to try that method of service, or would you prefer I guide you via written communication?

Thank you ahead of time for your reply,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I prefer you guide me via written communication. That way I can printi it and store the info.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Understood.

When your scanning images Julie..

What software is it your opening to view the scanned images with?

Windows fax and scan, or Canon MP navigator, or some other software?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

It's the dumb software that comes with the MX722. You scan the image by clicking on an icon. The image then appears in something called the 'image garden" Your only choices are to delete the images or save them as a PDF. No other choices available.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Julie..

Lets refer to the picture below that I have scribbled on.

graphic

On the picture above.. I assume your clicking scan first, on the left.. Then once you scan.. The image shows up in the right gallery area.. ( as t he one image is showing)

When you click on the scanned image, at the bottom of the right gallery area, you should see the rotate option.. ( I have cicled it )

If you click rotate and get the image how you want it, then you would then click save at the bottom right.

That should allow you to scan, rotate, and save a scanned image or document.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

The problem is I do not get the screen you showed when II scan a document . The screen that I get also does not have the choices shown in the left side bar as shown in your picture. How exactly did you get to this screen? Can you give me a step by step starting with placing the document on the platen (scanner)?Thanks,

Julie.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
If your not seeing the same screen... Then you may not have the most udpated version of the My image garden 6 software.

If you go to this page.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx722#DriversAndSoftware

click the drivers and software tab, select your operating system ( if it isnt detected )

And then click on software.. You should see a version of the my image garden that was released on september of 2013..

Please download that version. Then, make sure to install the download so it updates the image garden software.

Then, once we have updated the software..

Insert a document onto the platen.. Then, close and open the new image garden software.

Click scan on the left, click auto, and then it should scan and add the picture to the gallery at the right.. From there, the exact steps I sent above should apply, but I will include them below as well, to save time.

graphic
View Full Image

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I'm in the process of downloading.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Take your time Julie.. If it gets too late.. ( its past midnight my time )

If it gets too late, I may not respond till the morning.. But Ive got about an hour more left tonight before I sign off.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

OK (it's after 12 here too).

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
We must be in the same time zone, Eastern USA.

That should make meeting back up easier.. If you did want to continue this tommorow or over the weekend. I work from around 11 am Eastern time, till around 11 pm usually.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I tried it. I think it worked but I'm too exhausted to try it again. How do I reach you tomorrow?

Julie

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
To reach me tommorow..

Come back to JustAnswer.com

If it doesnt automatically sign you in, then click login at the top right.

Enter your email address ( as your username ) and enter the password XXXXX set when you started your justanswer account and asked this question.

Then, you should be on your account page.. To the right, you should see this question with me with a picture of my face next to it. Click on reply to expert ( tommorow, as if you click and reply to me now, Im still going to have to send you another message! )

Once you click reply to expert, you will be able to respond on this same conversation.

Thanks for hanging in there Julie, and look forward to wrapping this up with you tommorow.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for all your help so far. Good night.

Julie

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Good Night Julie, and thank you for all your patience and clear communication so far..

( Please dont feel that I am spam messaging you, Its company policy that I always send the last reply of each conversation)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hey Dustin,

It worked!! The trick was downloading the September 2013 software. Just in case some one else has a question on the MX722, I wrote the following:

1. First click on “start image garden” (important to do this first)

2. Click the scan/gear icon on top banner

3. Advanced setting screen opens

3a. ‘select source’ i.e. choose type of document to be scanned (colour

document; black and white;print;etc.)

3b. ‘select destination’ i.e. print or ‘image display’. The latter puts it in the

image garden.

3c. click scan icon at bottom of this page

4. place item on platen (this can be done before 1,2, or 3)

5. click on ‘scan/gear’ in top banner

6. machine scans item

7. click on the image in the image garden

8. click rotate on the bottom banner

9. click save on bottom banner

10. choose destination (My documents etc); choose file name;choose file format (JPEG or PDF)

11. save

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX thank you.

Julie

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Your very very welcome Julie..

Thank you for getting back to me.. and also, think you for your patience while we worked through the issue..

Dustin S.

Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

No questions for now. I'll certainly contact you if something comes up.

Julie