Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

My printer print smudgy/double only down one section of the

My printer print smudgy/double only down one section of the paper. Why and how do I fix it?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer Kathy. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the printer.
3) Remove all the ink cartridges as well as print head from the machine.
4) Use cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head and the contacts on each cartridges .
Note:You have to clean repeatedly until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
5) Then allow the cartridges and print heads to dry(important).
6) Then replace back everything.
7) Then turn off your printer for a minute or two and then restart and print a test page

If it doesn't helps then it indicates your print head has gone bad and needs replacement. In order to fix this, the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced. The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page.

Is there anything else I can help with?

Please use the Reply to Expert button to reply.

Sorry, to give you a bad news. I realize that this answer is not entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand and find this information useful.

Again, if there's anything you would like discussed in more detail, and not necessarily only related to this question, let me know and I'll do my best.

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I talked to some tech. today who told me the problem wasn't my printer but was my computer. He wanted me to buy a service package from him for $100. My son doesn't agree with him. You are confident that my problem is my printer, correct?

Thanks for replying,

There are a lot of fraud services nowadays, please be careful while purchasing any service package.

Whenever there is problem with the print or print quality it indicates the problem with the print head because the print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page.

What is the age of your printer ?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've only had it for six months. I'm anxious to try your suggestions, but will wait until tomorrow for my son to help me. Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks for replying,

Your printer is under warranty as it is only 6 months old.

I don't recommend looking for the printhead or trying to see what the problem is in detail without help from the Epson support team. The printer is under warranty and they will either help you clear the smudges or double printing, or repair the printer, or replace it with a new one absolutely free.

Free is always good.

Is there anything else I can help with ?

Are you satisfied with my service ?

Do I deserve a positive rating today ?

Regards,