Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Hi, I have a Samsung CLX 3160FN printer. The B/W prints are

Hi, I have a Samsung CLX 3160FN printer. The B/W prints are fine. But since a few days the color print outs are distorted as if it was an ink printer and someone brushed over the fresh color.. Do you have an idea what that could be?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Goto 'Devices and Printers' and right click on your CLX-3160FN printer and select 'Printing Preferences'. Then select the 'Graphic' tab. What you now need to do is save a 'Colour' setting in the Favourites box - located just above the Delete button. So select the desired settings using the radio buttons for Quality and Color mode and then give this "Favourite" a name by typing the name in the favourites box. Remember to then click Save or Rename, depending upon if you created a new favourite or typed over an existing one.

Now when you go to print, when you have the document open and ready to print, select "File" and then "Print". Then select "Printer Properties". Go to the Graphics tab and under "Favourites" select the 'Colour' favourite you have created. Select "OK" and then "Print". Your print job will now be in colour.

Customer:

Hi, I think you did not understand the issue :) The printer is printing in color, just the print image is distorted.

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

did you replace the toner recently

Customer:

A while back. not recently.

Michelle :

are you using genuine samsung toners or the generic ones

Customer:

Genuine. Had my share of experience with generic ones..

Customer:

Just comes to my mind: Not so long I had a sheet jammed inthe printer.

Michelle :

open the cover remove the toners and check if there is anything in the toner compartment

Customer:

Nothing unusual there.

Michelle :

print a test page from the computer

Customer:

Hm. Did that. The text is perfecet. Only the windows logo is slurred.

Michelle :

Follow these stesp

Michelle :

1) Unplug the printer and let it cool off for 10-15 minutes.

2) Open the front cover, push the release on the bottom of the imaging unit (the piece that the toners are inserted into) and pull it out of the printer. Cover this unit with a cloth or piece of paper so the green part on the back is not exposed to light.

3) Remove the waste toner box (it's a small L shaped piece that sits beside the Imaging Unit). While you've got it out, check to make sure there's not too much toner built up right inside the hole at the top of the waste toner box...some is fine, too much will make the printer think the box is full when it's not.

4) With a soft dry lint-free cloth, gently wipe out any dust and toner from inside the printer.

5) After you're done, reinsert the imaging unit first, then the waste toner box.

Customer:

So, I took that imaging unit out and did what you said, but it did not help. Then I saw that there is another unit that can ba taken out. Not sure of the name.. it has something like a back plastic tape and looks like it is transporting the paper? Anyways. I found I can take that out as well. When I took it out I saw a piece of paper was still jammed in there. Once I removed that one the printing works just fine.

Michelle :

That the imaging unit which i asked you to remove and check however we have fixed it that sound great.

Michelle :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below to complete the rating. If you have any question or need more help please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Michelle :

did you try printing couple of pages the make sure its fine/

Customer:

Yes. It is fine now. Thanks.

Michelle :

please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit to complete the rating.

Michelle :

Thank you.

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors