Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Carriage is caught clear over to the left side. Error message

Carriage is caught clear over to the left side. Error message says to clear obstruction & check installation of printhead and cartridges (code3527). Cant see any obstruction and can't get to the other. suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Do you have tried to pull the cartridges, after turning off the printer or it was turned on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can't get to the cartridges

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Is it locked at the extreme left ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please keep the printer cover open, then power off and on the printer, then let me know, if the cartridges tries to move little bit or stay still
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's not shutting off with the cover open

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Then power off the printer, then open the printer cover and power on the printer .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when we shut down and opened cover it moved a little bit. when turned it on

it moved out to the middle of the printer

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Now, keep it on and close the printer cover, then open it after few secs. and let me know, if the cartridges have moved to any side or still in the center of the printer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They moved to the right side and back to the middle when opened the cover

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you still see the error message on the printer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the error message was that the cover was open. closed it and it did the start up and is still doing the start up.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please wait for at least 10 mins, then let me know the result. and if your problem get solve, then remember to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's still saying that it's doing start up.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please press down the power button, until shuts off then, power on the printer and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We tried that and now we we're back to jammed printerhead cartridge and it won't shut off

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ruth for the updates, I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope. In almost every case like this,the problem is caused due to the sensor or carriage motor, as the cartridges are moving, that means the carriage motor is fine, it is the sensor which is defective and that is the reason the printer cannot control the movement of the cartridges and it is getting jammed. This can be repaired easily, but honestly speaking I cannot tell you the exact cost, because it completely depends on the spare which is defective. If you have any experience in electronics then, I can try to find the service manual for the printer, which will help you dismantle the printer completely.

If you want my opinion, then I will tell you to replace the printer if it is more than three years old, because the spare of a three year old printer is very rarely available and now days the price of the printers are very low, you can also go for the refurbished printers, because if you buy them then the price will be very very low, like $30 to $40 and you will get a full one year warranty.

Now, as you are the owner, you have to decide, what you want to do.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing