Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

printer will not print sa is ready to print, but does not

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Do you mean the printer does not function at all, when you try to print something from the PC ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it tries to start but then it clunks and dies

Do you get any error message or code on the printer ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

no

Do you use Windows XP and an USB cable to connect the printer with the PC ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

Thanks Ruby for the update, now follow the steps below on your PC and let me know. This steps will confirm, if the problem is related with software or hardware.

Click Start and select Printer and Faxes.

Printer and Faxes window will open.

Disconnect the printer from the PC.

Right click on the printer icon and select "Delete".

The icon will disappear.

Reconnect the printer with the PC.

The icon should reappear with a check mark.If the icon do not reappear, then the USB cable is defective.If you cannot see the check mark after the icon reappear, then right click on the printer icon and select "Set As Default Printer"

Try to print and let me know.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

9/17/13 left tip on 15th hope u got

Yes and thanks for your concern.