Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
19897260

downloaded software for connecting clp-150 to windows 8 computer

downloaded software for connecting clp-150 to windows 8 computer using USB-AB cable is not compatible. help!!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

I need just a little more information so I can assist you.

Can you go to the old fashioned windows desktop screen on your computer.

Then hold down the windows key ( two keys to the left of the space bar )

Then press E

on the computer screen thats showing, click system properties ( near the top right )

It should show us on this page, whether you have a 32 or 64 bit version of windows 8 ( system type )

let me know if you have 32 or 64 bits..

Also, to verify, is it a Yamaha CLP-150 you have?

Thank you,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a 64 bit operating system, and the piano is a Yahama Clavinova CLP-150

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Linda

As a first step, lets download and install the software alone.. Please note that this step alone may not fix the issue, but this is where we need to start.

here is the download link

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16086&product_id=1040708&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=37206

You will need to accept the terms at the bottom of t he page, and then click download..

Once the file is downloaded.. Make sure to open it, and run it to install it.

Once it is fully installed.. Please restart the computer.

And then connect the CLP 150, and then turn it on.. Can the computer detect it now?

If you get stu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Additional information: I highlighted this portion 16277&category_id2=16086&product_id=1040708&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=37206 of the URL that you suggested and did a Bing search and it took me to a music download site, not a CLP-150 Driver download site for windows 8.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Linda, for some reason the email system blocked out part of that link.

Please try this link instead.

http://goo.gl/7hzgW7

Will that let you download the file..?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is where I started, So I uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it. The results were the same as I originally stated.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thats strange Linda, as you mentioned at first that you said t he driver was showing that it was for windows xp..

The driver from the link we just downloaded, was for 64 bit versions of windows 8 .. ( not just windows xp)

When you reinstalled it, did it say the driver was incompatible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The compatibility check was on the File Utility, folder under The Yamaha folder, and the program compatibility troubleshooter stated "Settings applied to FileUtility: Windows compatibility mode: Windows XP (service Pack 3)"

I just tried it again and the response was the same.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Linda..

My apologies for the delay in responding to you, it was 246 am my time when you responded and I fell asleep at my desk.. My apologies again for not letting you know I would be out of touch for a few hours.

I think the best chance we have of resolving this issue, is if you join me in a screen sharing session.. In a screen sharing session, I will be able to see your screen and try to make changes myself while you observe and assist.. We will also be able to speak in live chat, which will help make this process more efficient.

Im not sure what time zone your in, but if this is something you would like to try, its about a half past noon my time currently, and I will be available all day today, and all through the week.

Send a reply when you can,

Thank you,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was pretty exhausted also. That Windows compatibility mode: Windows XP (service Pack 3) issue had me concerned too.

I went back to the download site said that the driver download was for windows 8-64 bit. I don't think that is the main problem, it lies within the application there is a secondary download called Musicsoft downloader that is where the win-xp sp3 is compatibility is stated. On the download site it said that Musicsoft was now compatible with windows 8, but it didn't mention whether or not it was 32 bit or 64 bit. And one other thing the computer I'm downloading on is an HP TouchSmart PC (Touch screen) I don't know if that makes a difference.

My conclusion is that My Yahama CLP-150 piano is a 2004 model and they haven't updated their software for compatibility with touch screen computers. I think that it is like "trying to put on shoes that don't fit".

I can do a screen sharing, I'm on left coast (Pacific) time, set up a time if you actually believe that there is a working solution. I'm inclined to think otherwise.

If you share my view point, I'm willing to conclude this project and Pay the full $38.00 one time service fee....Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX reply

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm.. A touch screen computer, does have a different display driver..

You mentioned the Musicsoft download program.. The version below says its compatible up to windows 8 64 bits.. have you downloaded and installed this version>?

http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?category_id1=16277&category_id2=16535&product_id=1686055&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=37192&language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com

As far as whether or not this is fixable, you are correct, it is an older device, and windows 8 is notorious for its icompatibility issues.. So it could end up being incompatible.

If you wanted to conclude the session and pay the 38$ service fee, you would click one of the rating icons below Linda. If you feel inclined to click any rating less then excellent, I would prefer to connect dring a screen sharing session first, that way I can go over all possible steps I know of , to try and get the computer to read your CLP-150 ..

Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator