Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a Kodak 9250 All in one , I have done all maintenance

I have a Kodak 9250 All in one , I have done all maintenance 6 times, inserted new ink, it still will not print anything even though it acts like it is printing - help !!!
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried manually cleaning the machine by hand?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I do not know how.

.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ran another test page, still does not print. Sorry

.
Ok next would be to remove the cartridges from the machine.
Then remove the print head:

Image

Then soak the print head only in warm water for about 15 minutes.
Once done clean it with a lint free cloth and wait for it to dry.

Then put it back into the machine and test it again.
If possible try it with both the old and new cartridges.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did all you asked, Soaked head 15 min., rinsed, dried , reinserted, ran test page - nothing yet. What else could be wrong??

.
Unfortunately after all that if the same thing happens it means the print head needs to be replaced.
This machine uses a #10 print head which you can get here: Click Here

The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page.
Over time these parts deteriorate and need to be replaced.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.

If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will order a new print head, but do not feel a 18 month old head should need to be replaced which is not your problem I know. You have done what you should so will give you a good rating. Maybe I will not buy a Kodak product again. Thanks for your help. Ella

.
Unfortunately I would not recommend Kodak as this is a very common problem. They use some of the cheapest made parts on the market. If you do decide to replace the machine even in the future I would be happy to help you find one. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX could have given you better news. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.

.