Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Kodak Office Hero 6.1 that is showing an error code

I have a Kodak Office Hero 6.1 that is showing an error code of 3527. I have checked both the ink cartridge and the the back for a jam, both have no jams of any type. The print carriage will not reutrn so I can check to make sure the ink is in properly. Please help I am a college student and I need my printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 11 months ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

The error code indicates carriage jam and this is a hardware fault, we may have to try more than one solution, to detect the exact fault and what should be done to solve it.

Now, take a flash light , then turn off the printer and open the printer cover, check the cartridge path for any obstructions, like torn piece of papers etc.

If you are able to find anything,then clean it and power on the printer.

If you do not find anything, then try to move the cartridges, with your hand, if you are able to free them, move them to the center of the printer and power on the printer.

Let me know the result, after trying these steps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I tried your suggestions to no avail. The carriage is not moving, even by hand. The area is clean and there is no paper jam.

Thanks for the update, now that means the carriage is jammed due to the waste ink absorbers. The absorbers are a pair of pad, which absorbs the dropping ink from the cartridges, while it is printing or at the end of the print job, it is done to save the main board of the printer. Sometimes the those pads popped out from their chambers and block the carriage from moving, it can be easily solved by removing the printhead or carriage, but to do that, you have to completely remove the top cover of the printer as the cartridges are jammed inside the cover. It can be done from any local repair shop for $10 to $20 or if you want to try it at home, then let me know and I will try to find the service manual for the printer, which will help you to remove the top of the printer, but only try this at home, if you have any experience in repairing, because if you break something then, the printer will be unusable.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing