Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.

What is Error Code 6500

What is Error Code 6500
Thanks for the question! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

On the MP830, the 6500 code you're seeing indicates a failure of the printer's main logic board. I'm afraid that's the only possibility based on this model's history and the service data.

That's pretty bad news, because the logic board costs more than buying a brand new printer (with new ink) with similar features.

I'd be happy to help you replace the board, but I really don't think it would be cost effective. Your money would be much better used on a replacement model.

If you decide to have a go at replacing the board... you can view the repair manual >>here<<. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided by clicking a smiley face, then "Submit." Don't worry, that won't close your question... you can come back whenever you want for more information. Now, if this didn't answer your question, just click "Reply to Expert" and let me know!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you..I've been thinking about replacing I have had this for quite some time.

My pleasure, Lynn. Sorry I didn't have better news, but I'm glad I could help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am very appreciated by your help