Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

My MX340 isnt printing correctly. It will print images but

My MX340 isn't printing correctly. It will print images but not text. When I send a Word document to the printer (or email for that matter), the text won't print. But, images will. The clean nozzle pattern prints ok. Just not text.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 11 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please print this page and let me know what comes out.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

This page seems to print fine.

.
The text included?
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes.

.
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Windows 7 home premium

.
Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Reinstalling the printer did not fix the printing problem.

.
Ok that does not make sense if black is printing properly on this page but not others.
Unless all the other items you tried to print were word documents were they?
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Word documents, emails, pdf's, nothing prints. Well, almost nothing prints. On an email, the text of the email didn't print but the hyperlinks (web page addresses) did print. Nothing else is printing.

.
Ok you said before this page printed out perfectly.
Please print it again and let me know what if anything is missing.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When I right click on this screen shot, it doesn't give me print as an option anymore.

.
Press CTRL and P at the same time.
.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It prints the main header, your picture and empty text boxes. Nothing else.

.
Ok before you said it printed the text as well not that it is not we know the problem is not software at all.
Only a hardware error can cause one cartridge not to print while the other still does.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you!!

.
You're welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day.
.