Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My canon pixma mg6320 is not responding when I try to print

My canon pixma mg6320 is not responding when I try to print wirelessly from my laptop. It was having issues connecting when I was first setting it up. I finally got the printer to connect yesterday and printed, but today I'm having the same problems, even though both my printer and laptop are connected to the same SSID and both show active connections. Is there something easy I can do to help them connect better?

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi! I'm ready.

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or click here to know the operating system), so that I can assist you better.

Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My operating system is Windows 7

I would suggest you setup wireless again by reinstalling the printer driver. Please follow the instructions below.

Please click Start button and select Devices and Printers. Right click on the printer name and select Remove Device/Delete. Remove all the printers that you are not using.

Then, get into Control panel and select Uninstall a Program (listed under Programs). Uninstall all printer related programs listed over there. Then, restart the computer.

Then, please go to the link given below, select Drivers & Software. Choose your operating system (E.g. Windows 7, 64 bit). Then, click and expand Drivers. Click the file name MG6300 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8/8 x6... that is listed under Drivers. Then you will get an option, I agree - Begin download. Click the same in order to download the file. Download and install the file.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg6320?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

During the installation, click Network Connection and then Wireless Connection. Then, follow the on screen instructions.
http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/setup_MG6320_win.pdf

We may need to communicate back and forth in order to get the issue resolved . I am an independent tech, and volunteering my time unpaid until the conversation is concluded. I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. If you do not feel I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Thank you!

S H E F I N