Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

My 6210 all-in-one printer does not print all the information

My 6210 all-in-one printer does not print all the information of what I am printing. I changed the black cartridge and it doesn't change. It prints only certain things on a page.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please print this page and let me know what comes out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Most of all of the page is printed very lightly just enough to know that it printed but not viewable enough to read. the top line and the botXXXXX XXXXXne which are the lines that tell you the page number and the botXXXXX XXXXXne that tells you the date are perfectly clear. The only information on the page itself that printed was the what happens next box on the left.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I took both cartridges out of the printer I noticed that there was a glob of ink down on felt padding below where the black cartridge sits.

If you can get to it please clean that as well the same way.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One more thing I noticed that the wire spring for the color cartridge and the black cartridge are different. the color one is shaped on an arm and into a square, while the black wire just an arm with no square on it, is this normal or should they both be the same.

That is normal as the two cartridges are somewhat different as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cleaned both the cartridges and the printer and it did not make any difference.

I was afraid of that, the next step would be to try a print head cleaning kit like this one: Click Here It says Brother but it works with all brands as all kits come with the same thing. It comes with solution that dissolves dried ink that may be on the sensors or in the ink line a syringe and instructions. If this still does not work it is it means the print head has failed. In order to fix this the carriage inside the printer needs to be replaced.

I really hate to have to tell you this but after the troubleshooting we have done if the problem is still there I am sorry to say you indeed are going to require a new part. I know this is not what you want to here but I want to make sure I am honest with the information I provide you. You would need to replace the carriage in order to fix this issue.

I wish there was another way but with everything you have
posted I am confident this is the problem with your machine. The reason for this is carriagehe is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page. Over time these parts deteriorate and need to be replaced.

A new print head normally costs between $60 and $80. It would take about 30 minutes to an hour for a tech to replace it at their shop rate. Most Shops charge between $65 and $75 per hour.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If this machine is under a year old HP will normally cover the part under warranty. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I quess I'm in the market for a new printer. We've had it for 6 or 7 years so it's time. Thanks I just wanted to make sure that that was the problem. Thanks Freddy. Chet

You're welcome Chet and if you would like I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.