Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a dell 3115cn printer giving me a code 016-302. If

Customer Question

I have a dell 3115cn printer giving me a code 016-302. If i turn maching off unplug fax line and turn back on it clears code for a little bit. But eventually it happens again. It is over 5 years old so dell will not let me get another service contract on it. How can I fix this problem? XXXXX

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is it the exact same error number every time?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok this error essentially just says "restart the printer" which is why unplugging and disconnecting cables makes it go away for a short time. I really hate to have to tell you this but unfortunately if it comes back after that it means the control board is failing and needs to be replaced.

For now you can use that reset to get it working but eventually the error will come back up until the part is replaced. I wish there was another way but with everything you have posted I am confident this is the problem with your machine

A new board normally costs between $100 and $150, Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.