Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

I am unable to scan from my Epson Workforce 630 into my computer.

I am unable to scan from my Epson Workforce 630 into my computer. My printer has a wireless connection to my home network.

I keep getting a message that there is a communication error. I've turned off the computer and the printer several times...with no luck. The wireless printing function works just fine.

I've had trouble with the event manager software...and despite re-installing it several times, I still get a message it is not working.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Can you print from your PC ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago. trouble with printing.

Do you use Windows XP, Vista or 7 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you know, how to open control panel from your PC or will you need the instructions ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can open the control panel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have it open now
OK, One thing to check is the following and let me know...

Open windows Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and open Services. Check that the following services ( check them in th order shown below ) are all showing as Status= Started and Start-up Type= Automatic

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Shell Hardware Detection

Windows Image Acquisition

If you need to make a change to any of the above, just right click the service and select Properties, then in the drop down box next to 'Start-up type', select Automatic and click Apply to save the change. Then click the Start button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All are showing status as started and type as automatic
Please open the video from the link below and follow the steps to scan something, then let me know, if you are able to scan or not ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Opened Windows Phot Gallery...clicked on file. No devices are shown.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Plugged in USB cable from printer to computer. Scanner now shows and I am able to scan. Is there no way to do this via wireless connection.
Please follow the steps below and let me know...

1. Click the Windows Vista ( ) icon, click All Programs , click Accessories , and then click Paint .
  2. Click File , and then click Import From Camera or Scanner .
  3. Make any desired setting changes, and then click Scan .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I keep the USB CABLE plugged fine. When I unplug the cable, the device icon goes away
Please download the latest scanner driver from the link below, then install it. After that power off the printer and router, then turn them on after 15 secs. and try to scan.