Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I really, really need support or help, I dont know which.

Customer Question

I really, really need support or help, I don't know which. I had when Hughes.net switched to Gen4, I lost my drivers for my Label/writer Twin Turbo & my Endicia postage. I also lost my postage. I had quite a bit in my account. My Endicia account # XXXXX my old system was 649648. I have no data from my dymo address book. At the same time, my computer puked and I can't retrieve the date. Mostly, I just need the drivers for my Label writer/Twin Turbo 400. Help me if you can. XXXXX XXXXXX XXX-XXX-XXXX

Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

HI Nancy, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble,

p0llinate :

unfortunately I won't be able to do anything with your Endica postage issue, as I don't have access to those accounts, you'll need to contact their support people directly for that.

p0llinate :

As for the label writer,

p0llinate :

we will want to do a few things,

p0llinate :

first there is a dymo uninstall program we should run, to remove any traces of the current driver, so you can start with a fresh install,

p0llinate :

Then, here are the drivers for you, depending if you are running 64 bit windows or 32 bit (x86)

p0llinate :

There is also a new release/update of the label writer software that you should upgrade to as long as everything else is being updated:
CLICK HERE FOR SOFTWARE UPDATE

p0llinate :

I cannot guarantee it, but if the original database file is intact, the new software will hopefully find it on your computer during the update and get you back access to your previous address book.

p0llinate :

For Endicia, you can reach their customer service at 1-800-576-3279, and hopefully they can help you regain your account.

Customer :

I think I got all removed but is something supposed to happen when I click on Dymo x64 driver. I am not getting any response

p0llinate :

Yes it will download the driver file (just like downloading the removal tool). You'll be prompted to install/run, then follow the steps from there.

p0llinate :

If it doesn't seem to be working, I can resend the link

Customer :

Please resend the link. I can't get the file to open

p0llinate :

Sure, just a second while I find the file again,

p0llinate :

please CLICK HERE

Customer :

I tried to click where you said to click here, but I can't get anything to open. Maybe I need an original disk to get this installed or should I try going ahead with the software update?

p0llinate :

Maybe if I send the full link, instead of a shortcut

p0llinate :

try that, if it doesn't click, copy/paste that address into a new window/tab in your web browser to open in

p0llinate :

Any luck with that?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancy, it seems I lost you earlier,

can you please get back with me in this chat here (use the orange Reply button).

I closed out your other question as a duplicate so you wouldn't get double charged.