Jason
Jason, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

KM 1650en will not initialize

Customer Question

KM 1650en will not initialize
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask, how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

USB to my desktop and via wifi for my laptops. I have disconnected both of those as well and attempted to start the printer to the same result - printer turns on and continues cycle until the screen (on printer) says initializing - and then just sits there with the initializing on the screen - blue ready light never comes on

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update Steve.

I am sorry to hear that because it sound like there may be a hardware fault.

You stated that you downloaded the firmware. Did you attempt to install/flash the firmware? What were the results?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It said successfully completed but the printer responds exactly the same

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you on the computer that is connected to the printer via usb so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem is with the printer not how it is installed or recognized

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is correct.

The problem is with the printer. That means it is time to either repair it by bringing it into a repair shop, replacing it, or flashing it again with a different version of firmware.

Have you already verified that the cartridges are securely in place and not leaking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes - no other issues and no error messages of any kind

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Steve.

If the printer is still under warranty, I would suggest contacting the warranty holder and setting up a repair or replacement.

I wish there was more that could be done from my end; however, it appears that the problem is a hardware fault, which you may understand is not 'fixable' by the use of software.

In short, it is time to repair or replace the printer.

Often times, it is cheap to replace these printers than repairing them.

Please, keep in mind that the rating below is for my service and help. It is not for this site or for the failing printer.

I wish you the best.

Please, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah ok

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Yeah ok, what?

I see that you rated me badly because your printer failed.

Was that a mistake? I am super confused.

You can fix that below.

Thank you.