Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
19897260

My Dell Inspiron 518 Desktop prints to my HP Printer (HP Deskjet

Customer Question

My Dell Inspiron 518 Desktop prints to my HP Printer (HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer)-J510a. But my laptop (Dell Studio 1458) will not print to the HP Printer thru Network...it says "Access Denied". I have checked and double checked all my configuration for "sharing" and my Network protocols.
The driver for the printer is working correctly so says Driver Detective.
My laptop use to work well before I change from Vista to Win 7 Home Premium.
Need Help to troubleshoot this problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

What is the OS installed in your Dell Inspirion 518 Desktop, like Windows XP, Vista or 7 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have directly connected the printer with the desktop by an USB cable and then shared the printer with the other PC , or the printer is connected directly with the router ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My printer is connected to a USB port of my Dell Desktop Inspiron with a USB cable...the printer is shared by Home Network from Dell Desktop thru a Netgear router.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have tried to delete and reinstall the printer in the PC, in which the printer is shared (not on your desktop) ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No but it shows it's working correctly...my printer works correctly when I print from my Dell Inspiron 32 bit Win 7. I have not problem printing any and all documents from my Dell Inspiron to the HP printer.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
This seems to be a software problem, so I will request you not to rate the answer, unless we are done or the problem get solve.

Please delete the printer and try to reinstall it, as you did at the first time and let me know, if you are able to do so or not ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have time right now to do it...I have guest coming at 5:oo pm today and can not spend that much time to re-install at this time.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
No problem Howard, you can come back later and reply me back with the result, we will then continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no printer driver installed on my laptop...it is on the Desktop.

The laptop shares the printer driver from the Desktop through the Network.

Since the laptop does not have a driver there is no sense in installing one on it...it is wireless acting thru the shared network from the Desktop. When the laptop was printing to the printer before I installed the new OS, the laptop did not have a driver installed...only the desktop has the driver installed and it works o.k. when printing to the printer when printing from the Desktop.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Then, how did you installed the printer on the laptop for the first time ? whenever you share a printer from another PC, the driver get installed from that PC and not from the PC, in which you are installing the printer .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CANCEL my request...I don't think you understand my home networking.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
I can understand your networking system the printer is simply shared from the desktop with your laptop, but I don't know, why you are not trying the solution. I am giving the step by step instructions, please follow them on your laptop and let me know.

1.Click Start (windows icon) and select Printer and Devices.

2.Printer and Devices window will open.

3.If you can see the printer icon in the window, right click on it and select Remove Device.

4.The icon will disappear from the window.

5.Now, click on the a "Add a Printer" button from the top of the window.

6.You will get a new window, with two options for adding local printer and network printer.

7.Click on "Add a Network Printer" option.

8.Now, your PC will try to scan for the wireless printers and show you the names.

9.If you see the printer name, then click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the printer.

10.The printer icon should reappear on the window, with a green check mark.

11.After that try to print something.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your instructions for uninstall & re-install printer on laptop.

Failed: This is error message:

Add Printer

Connect Printer

Windows cannot connect to the printer.

Details: Operation failed with error 0x0000052e

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
my problem is not solved...my assigned expert is not available at this time...can another tech take over?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

Im available, and if you like I can help you with this issue.

To save time, I would like to mention the screen sharing option below.

In an effort to resolve this issue, I would like to offer you a remote support session.. What a remote support session does is allow me to connect to your and to your computer, and then I can manually see whats happening from here, and then make the neccessary changes while you observe. Our remote software that allows this one time connection is secure, and easy to use.

Would you consider remote support as a viable option to allow us to resolve your issue more expediciously and efficiently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will you be able to see why my laptop is not printing to the printer...My desktop prints to the printer just fine.

Yes, I'll allow "remote support" but I am a little worried that my laptop is the problem and I'm also worried if my desktop's printer drive is updated that will cause my desktop not to print.

Important note: My laptop (OS is Windows Home Premium 64 bit) and my desktop (OS is Windows Home Premium 32 bit)

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
HI..

Its the laptop , that i would like to connect to. As I believe its the laptop that we need to get working with the printer..

Correct me if Im wrong..

As long as Im connecting to the laptop.. And as long as the laptop is in the same location as the printer..

Then I should be able to work out the issue and repair it..

Hope that clarifies the scope and purpose of the screen connect session.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do we get connected to laptop for the remote...it is on my router and is wireless connected...still can receive email on it atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am on my laptop typing this reply. How can we connect remotely?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay.

To get connected, I need you to click on this link

http://166.78.231.170:8040/

for the password, type in Printer 1

Then, allow it to download , run, and install the connection program.

If you get stuck, or run into any issues, please let me know.

( and if it says your connected, please send me a reply so I know its time to connect to you.)

Thanks,

Dustin S.

Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Connected successfully

But what is my user name and password

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
We are connected and working the issue in remote support.

Please use the chat window to respond for now..

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Remote is not working...when click on remote link, site says it is having problems

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Maybe the remote server is having issues.. Can you try again, using a diferent browser.. ( if you used chrome last time, try out firefox this time )

http://166.78.231.170:8040/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think we have connection

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Im connected.

But it shows im waiting on you..

are you certain you used the new link and the new code I sent

Printer 3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Laptop is not printing again! I did not do anything to either my desktop nor the laptop, except shut down both. Next morning tried to print from my laptop and it did not print.

Any more advise? I spent over $100.oo with JustAnswer so far.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
It stopped working again?

Was anything changed, or installed?

Also, for the duplicate question you asked.. I just sent a refund request.

You shouldnt have paid 100, looking at your account I only see one accepted question..

That should be much less then 100.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have changed NOTHING...only thing i did was to shut down procedure and next day re-booted and tried to print from the laptop but it did not work.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. Mind if I connect again and have a look at whats going on?

Do you have time today to do so.. And are you at home with the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes to all your questions...I'm on the desktop right now...do you want me to boot the laptop now and use it?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

If the laptop is the one that isnt seeing the printer.. then lets boot to it and fix it.

here is the connection link

http://166.78.231.170:8040/

the password is Printer 4

let me know if you have any issues connecting.. Thanks!

( also, when you do get connected, please send a reply here, so that I know your connected and can then try to connect from my end )

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am connected!

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, Were both connected and working the issue in remote support.