Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Hi. we have a brother printer model MFC J6510DW When printing

Hi. we have a brother printer model MFC J6510DW

When printing the Yellow is not coming through. We have tried new cartridges.

The cost of a technicians visit would make repair uneconomic. We would be

better buying another printer if you cannot help.

Any ideas ???
Thanks for posting your question ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your problem, as I can understandn, how it feels when a working printer, stop working suddenly. Now, can you provide me the informations below.

1.Did you cleaned the ink opening of the new cartridge?

2.Do you use Geneuine Brother cartridges?

3.Can you check the ink level and let me know, if the new cartridge is showing the ink levele correctly or not ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I cleaned the opening of the cartridges

Yes I have been using Brother cartridges

Ink level full in all cases

Thanks for all the update, now the problem you are facing is generally caused due to clogged printhead nozzles and that's why it does not get solve by cleaning the opening of the ink cartridges, I don't know you have follow the steps below or not, if not then follow them to clean the printhead and let me know the result, I will give you another solution, if it does not solve the problem.

• Follow the steps listed below to check the print quality and clean the print head.

1. Press Menu.

2. Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Ink or Ink Management and press OK.

3. Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Test Print and press OK.

4. Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Print Quality and press OK.

5. Press Color (Colour) start. The machine begins printing the Print Quality Check sheet.

6. Check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.

7. The LCD asks you if the print quality is OK.
    Do one of the following:

• If all lines are clear and visible, choose Yes to finish the Print Quality check and go to STEP 13.

• If you can see missing short lines as shown below, choose No and go to STEP 8.

image
  8. The LCD asks you if the print quality is OK for black and the three colors. Choose Yes or No.

9. The LCD asks you if you want to start cleaning. Choose Yes. The machine starts cleaning the print head.

10. After cleaning is finished, press Color (Colour) Start. The machine will start printing another Print Quality Check sheet.

11. Once it prints out, check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.

12. The LCD will ask you if the print quality is OK.
    Do one of the following based on the print quality of the check sheet:

• If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried to clean the print head less than five times, choose No and return to STEP 8 to repeat the print head cleaning. You should complete the Print Quality Check sheet and print head cleaning process up to five times.

• If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried cleaning the print head up to five times, press Stop/Exit
  1. Press Stop/Exit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already tried using the steps you mentioned at least six or seven times. In each case all colours are fine except for the yellow

Thanks for letting me know, now there two options left, one is to repairing the printer (which you do not want) and another is to using a printhead cleaning kit like in the link below, you can order it from there or you can get it from any computer store, most of time the printhead cleaning kit save the customer from buying a new printer, you can try it and check the result.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250658939824

http://bopinkjets.com/printheadcleaningkit-2.aspx

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

If you are happy with the response, please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The problem has not been solved..How can I rate it otherwise.

I will now have to purchase a new printer...

THIS WILL NOT BE A BROTHER

Did you read my last answer completely ? I told you to use the printhead cleaning kit to solve the problem, instead of buying a new printer and you gave me a negative rating for that ?

If you are not satisfied with Brother printers, then why are you giving me a negative rating for that, as we don't have any relation with Brother in any way.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My apologies for the rating. I was rating the printer not you.

I have no issue of rating your help as good under the circumstances.

Thanks for understanding my position, please give me a good or excellent rating, so that the negative rating get removed from my profile.

You may get a survey after the conversation get closed, please remember to give me more ratings in that survey, because that encourage me to help people through this site.