Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 2+ years of experience.
22727371

MY EPSON WORKFORCE WF-2540 WONT PRINT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Customer Question

MY EPSON WORKFORCE WF-2540 WON'T PRINT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the printer issue. Is there any error when printing? Are you able to copy and scan? Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

Do you connect the printer to the computer with the usb printer cable, or via wireless/network? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO IT SAYS PAPER OUT AFTER THE PAPER FEEDS THROUGH. NO IT'S NOT PRINTING ANYTHING. WINDOWS 7

PRINTER CABLE

IT'S NOT A COMPUTER ISSUE, THE COMPUTER IS COMMUNICATING WITH THE PRINTER FINE.

I'm sorry, let me open the issue to other professionals. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK THANKS

Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I am another expert and I look forward to assisting you tonight with the best answer possible.

Do you get a message "Out of Paper" or "Paper Out"?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES PAPER OUT

Thanks for replying,

What is the age of your printer ?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A MONTH OLD

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If it still fails to print then contact Epson to replace/repair your printer free of cost, as you printer is under warranty.

Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THE PAPER IS FEEDING, PRINTER IS JUST NOT PRINTING...OMG I HAVE A PAPER DUE IN 4 HOURS

Did you try my last answer ?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES I DID

Do you now get any new error message or the same old one ?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SAME MESSAGE, PAPER OUT LOAD PAPER, AFTER PAPER HAS FED THROUGH

It verifies its a hardware problem. The most likely and common cause to this type of problem is that the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective. It needs to be replaced. Your printer needs to be opened up and thoroughly checked in order to isolate which part is defective.

We cannot do that as the printer is under warranty and opening up will void its warranty.

You need to contact Epson to replace/repair your printer free of cost, as your printer is under warranty.

Is there any else I can do for you ?

Regards