tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician
Experience:  8 years as Computer Support Specialist which allows me to work on printers, projectors, networks, et
35117564

My HP 6500 printer will not print black ink. I put in a new

My HP 6500 printer will not print black ink. I put in a new cartridge a few days ago, then it asked for a cyan cartridge. Now the print looks like very faded blue ink. I just cleaned thje printhead - did not fix. What next?

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

tbwhite2040 :

Sometimes you will have to run the deep cleaning of the print head 5 or 6 times in a row to begin to see any difference. If after cleaning the print head 5 or 6 times you still do not see better results you can try removing the printhead and cartridges and soaking just the print head in warm water for about 20 minutes and then dry it very well before placing it and the cartridges back in and see if it prints any better

Customer:

I have to say I am really disliking this printer. This has happened before. Sometimes it just starts printing again and it takes a lot of time and agravation frankly.

tbwhite2040 :

I understand

tbwhite2040 :

Did you see my post

Customer:

It seems from what I have seen online that this is a common problem with this printer. Yes I saw your post. I happen to also have a Kodak printer that is connected to my desktop old computer. I used to use it alot and did not do this. I knew how to align after changing ink cartridges and it just worked. Perhaps I should change printers hooked to my laptop. And I know Kodak may not be around but is saying they will continue to support the printers. Should I surrender and buy some kind of new printer? Do they all do things like this?

tbwhite2040 :

I would try removing the printhead first and let it soak in warm water for about 20 minutes then drying it and putting it back in. Then seeing if it will print any better

Customer:

I just ran the align print cartridges and it said failure - did not align. Pulled everything out and trying again. I have not cleaned the printhead 5-6 times yet.

tbwhite2040 :

OK let me know if it gets better after the cleanings

Customer:

After 2 times no changes. ALso asked me if wanted to continue with level 2 cleanings - 1=yes, 2=no. Pushed 1 on printer - did nothing. 2 did not work either. Had to cancel and restart again.

tbwhite2040 :

OK I would recommend to try and remove the printhead and let it soak in warm water for 20 minutes and drying it very well

tbwhite2040 :

then put it back in the printer put the cartridges back in and see if it prints better. If not then the printhead will need replacing

Customer:

ok i will try that

tbwhite2040 :

thanks

tbwhite2040 :

Here is a link for the printhead if you decide you want to change it

Customer:

Certainly expensive for the printhead.

tbwhite2040 :

yes that is why most people replace the printer because there is no definite guarantee that the new printhead will solve the issue

Customer:

It is soaking right now. Lots of ink coming out of it.

tbwhite2040 :

You did remove the ink cartridges before placing it in the water

Customer:

Yes I did.

tbwhite2040 :

ok4

tbwhite2040 :

Ok

Customer:

It did not work. Aligned cartridges failed again. Still printing in pale blue. I find it hard to believe a printhead costs as much as I paid for this printer I think. Giving up for tonight. Thanks.

Ok Thank You