Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience:  5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator

My printer has failed to print from my iPad. It was working

Customer Question

My printer has failed to print from my iPad. It was working perfectly but will no longer connect. When I ask it to print the printer model appears ie.hp envy 110 and when I say print it says connecting to printer but nothing happens. I am able to print from my PC
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

Has anything changed on your home network since the Ipad stopped being able to print to the HP printer.. Did you change wireless routers, or change your network name or your wireless password?

Also, did you perform any software upgrades on your ipad around the time when your printer stopped connecting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No changes have been made but the problem occurred when I was printing an 18 page PDF EMAIL ATTACHMENT and it stopped indicating that there was a paper jam .
I investigated but found no jam and tried to continue to no avail..since then I haven't been able to print anything from my iPad but still able to from my PC. . Have tried resetting the printer but no dice.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
question. When your printing from the PC.

Is the PC printing wirelessly to the printer, or is it cabled in directly via a USB cord?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes wirelessly
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
lets try redoing the network connection on your ipad first.
on the ipad , Tap Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings

Then reconnect the ipad to your network

ThenTry printing again. If you still cant print, let me know and next we can try to install a firmware update to your printer..

.
I strive to provide great service. Please remember to click one of the rating icons below and submit it when you are satisfied. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S. Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Hardware Specialist
Experience: 5 Years in The US ARMy as a Network Switching Systems Operator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have tried your suggestion and now have lost contact with my ipad

so thanks very much. i am having to

reply using my PC CANT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
When you say you lost contact with your ipad, and that you cant remember your password.

Do you mean your wireless password, to connect to your wireless network?

And also, what version of windows do you have on your pc, windows xp, vista, windows 7, the new windows 8 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 on my PC. When I try to establish contact with my ipad it asks for a password. I have tried all that i have used but am getting nowhere.

I am now totally frustrated

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem. I can help you recover the correct password,

Your windows 7 computer is wireless too?

In that case, at the bottom right of your windows 7 screen, double left click on your wireless icon so that it shows your list of networks.

Then right click the network that your windows 7 computer is connected wirelessly to.

Then left click properties.

Now left click the security tab.. And then click where it says show or display characters or password..

It should then show you the current password being used on yiour wireless network.

Use t hat for your ipad too, and it will be able to connect again.

Let me know if you run into any issues connecting the ipad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have managed to remember that my password is displayed on the back of the router. I have applied that and am now able to print.Why that should be necessary I cant imagine but it works.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me Anthony.

So were printing again? Then all we needed to do was reset the network settings on the ipad, and reconnect to the network. Excellent.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Dustin S.