Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer
Experience:  City of Guilds 224, Kyocera, IBM, Novell certifications. 24 years IT experience.

where is the ctd sensor located on fuji xerox docuprint cm

where is the ctd sensor located on fuji xerox docuprint cm205w
Hi my name is Colin

The CM 205 range share the same chassis pretty much, the FW has an Auto Doc feeder for the scanner but otherwise they are much the same. I have linked the manual at the bottom of my answer for you. It contains the CTD info on page 443 and i have repeated it below for speed.

That error in effect indicates a poor reading from the Density sensor. When that occurs the printer requests the sensors are cleaned (there are 2 in the Cm205). Whilst cleaning it in most occasions will fix the issue it's not a 100% cure if the problem is a sensor fault.

The location is within the rear access door of the printer as shown in the picture below. Clean them with something clean and dry like a cotton swab. Don't use any fluids or chemicals as this may damage the sensor. Do this with the power off on the printer and all being well the error will clear at next use.

User manual -

If you have questions let me know.