Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

my photosmart 5510 wont print black after changing the cartridge.

my photosmart 5510 won't print black after changing the cartridge. The colors all print and I have done the head cleaning, etc., but still no black.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you today.

Can you please check the ink level and let me know, if you are able to see the black ink status or not, this will confirm the exact fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the black ink status shows about 3/4 full.

I have also tried another new black cartridge, which also did not work.

I have also turned both the computer and printer off and back on.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you see the same ink level for the other black cartridge also?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I read in some other conversations on your site to clean the printhead 3-4 times, which I just did again and now I have black printing, but it is a little blurry. Will that clear up on its own, or should I do something else?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Blurry prints can be caused by many reason, it can happen, if the cartridges are not aligned or the printhead is not cleaned completely or the data you are trying to print. First, try to follow the steps below and align the cartridges, if the problem persist, then there is no need to clean the printhead anymore, as that will waste more ink. just continue to use the printer and the quality will be better automatically.

1. From the control panel home screen, touch the Right Arrow , and then touch the Setup icon ( ).
  2. Touch Tools .
  3. Touch the Down Arrow and then touch Align Printer . The product prints an alignment page.
  4. Open the lid.Figure 1: Open the lidImage: Open the lid
  5. Place the alignment page on the scanner glass with the printed side down, and then position it along the front right corner of the glass. Figure 2: Place the alignment page on the scanner glassImage: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass
  6. Close the lid, and then touch OK . The alignment page scans.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you think, it is at least "OK Service" or I have provided a Good or Excellent service.Reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Please remember, if you rate me less than 3 Star/Smiley (OK Service) , then I will not get paid for my time and effort and it is consider as negative rating. So,I request you to think before you rate my response and one more thing, if it is a hardware fault, then it is not possible for me to replace the spare through online, I can only tell you, what to do to solve the problem, because I cannot give you any wrong information, except the true facts. I hope you will understand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I did the alignment, but it failed--saying the cartridges are not calibrated for best print quality; should I touch Ok to continue?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
So, that means the printhead is not cleaned completely and as you have already tried to clean the printhead more than two times, it will better to use the printer and the print quality should be normal automatically, please keep the printer on for overnight. Just touch OK, otherwise it will clean the printhead once more.

There is another way to clean the printhead manually, do you want to try that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have lever on the printhead, like the image below?

http://www.inkproducts.com/Hp%20printhead1.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, I don't see a lever.

I will follow your earlier advice.

Thanks for your help

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to give me a positive rating for my time and effort.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing