Brandon M.
Brandon M., System Administrator
Experience:  Currently an IT Manager for law firm for 5+ years.
12024030

I have a 7820N Brother printer which takes a TN 350 cartridge.

Customer Question

I have a 7820N Brother printer which takes a TN 350 cartridge. I have had it for 4 or 5 years and it has been very satisfactory. It has Fax, Scan, Copy, and print capacity. When I need a new ink cartridge, I just go get a new one and take the old one out and put the new one in. Voila, I resume printing. This TN 350 instruction paper says to:
1. Make sure that the machine is turned on. It is. Open front cover. I did
2. Pull out the drum unit and toner cartridge. I did.
3. Push down the blue lock lever and take the used toner cartridge out. Here's one problem. THERE IS NO BLUE LOCK.
4. Hold the cartridge level with both hands and gently rock it from side to side 5 or 6 times. I did.
5. Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum. I did.
6. Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the blue tab from right to left several times. THERE IS NO BLUE TAB. has Office Depot given me the wrong cartridge or is there a new model of my printer and I need a different TN 350 for my 7820N printer? Please help me. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

Here is a video that can show you where the blue lock lever (he called it a blue tab) is and there the blue tab for cleaning the corona wire. Both off these are located on the drum unit itself.

I hope this is helpful!

Best Regards,
Brandon
Brandon M., System Administrator
Experience: Currently an IT Manager for law firm for 5+ years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That answered my question. I felt so stupid. I had taken out the thing at the same time I took the cartridge out and put it in the box the new cartridge came in. I could have saved myself $35.00 plus the tip, although you were certainly due the tip.

I am a lawyer (retired), as is my husband who is also retired and after practicing law for 57 years he decided to take "early retirement." LaughingI

I worked for the Mississippi Department of Human Services doing Child Support. I loved making those deadbeats pay the money they owed thost children. One good thing I learned that when a child reaches 21 he/she has until 25 to go to court and try to get back child support because the unpaid money belongs to him/her. Later on I worked 8 years in Governor Haley Barbour's office which were the best 8 years I ever worked. Thanks again for your help. If I had your telephone # XXXXX could go straight to you when I need help! My cell # XXXXX XXXXX if you ever need any help in Mississippi! Thanks again, Norma XXXX

Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

It's ok, we all overlook the small things. CoolIf you need to request me in the future for anything, click my name to get to my profile. You can bookmark that page and ask me anything directly from the question box on the left.

I haven't been very far out of the state of Pennsylvania. Our law firm does all kinds of law including family law so I know exactly what you are talking about. And wow, 57 years of law? I would probably go nuts.
Have a great evening (oh wait, it's morning, isn't it? Perhaps I should get to bed...) and a safe new years!
Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You've probably gone to bed like I should be. You probably wont see this until tomorrow, uh today this morning December 31. I'm an hour earlier than you. My daughter lives in Boston, so I have to remind myself of that when I want to call her.

I don't understand where I click your name to get your profile. Since I don't know how to bookmark, I guess I can put you in my favorites. Do you know about fixing computers? XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thanks again for your help.

Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.
Haven't gone yet but will be shortly. Yes, bookmark and favorite are the same thing.

I can help you with many various computer issues as well as cell phones and printers. If I can't help you, I can always forward you onto someone who can.

Have a great... zzzZZZ Wink
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The printer works but I still get a message telling me I need to change a drum
soon. I just bought two new toner cartridges and a new drum about two weeks ago
and spent over two hundred dollars for them. If I'd known I was going to have
this much trouble, I'd have bought a new printer. I've done everything I know
to do like taking the cartridge out and drum out then put the drum back in and
the toner back in and turned the printer off and back on and I still get the
same message. I really don't want to buy a new printer because they are so
expensive and I've just spent so much money on this stuff already. Do y'all
have any suggestions?