Ansh P.
Ansh P., Engineer
Experience:  Professional Systems Engineer with over a decade of experience in the field of technology.
14055801

I have a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z and I cannot scan a document

I have a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z and I cannot scan a document nor send it to my computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

I am Tech Specialist and today, I will be trying my best to solve your issue.

Have you tried to scan from the computer yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 1 year ago.
How? Can you please explain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It appears that I have lost what ever HP software that allows me to address the printer in the scan mode. I can copy documents so I can talk to the printer. I am using the wireless mode.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 1 year ago.
Edward, please go to desktop in Windows 8 > Search for scan > and press enter.

A scanner wizard should appear and press new scan and see if you are able to scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have searched for the scan mode on the windows 8 desktop and it is not there. I also have tried to reinstall/repair the software from the HP 4500 original installation CD disk but no matter what I try to do to set up the install wizard I just am not successful

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
He went offline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
He went offline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I successfully downloaded the software But I still cannot find the scan mode on windows 8 disktop or get to the scan wizard?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to thank you for your help! I thought that I had successfully installed the HP update but I found that the HP update software for windows 8 had several errors that I reported to HP and Microsoft and was able to get corrections and was able to finally correctly install The HP updates that you recommended. I can now scan my documents and send them to my computer. thanks again for your help.

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 1 year ago.
Glad to know that. Kindly do not forget to rate me positively for the help.

Thanks a lot and have a great day. Smile
Ansh P., Engineer
Experience: Professional Systems Engineer with over a decade of experience in the field of technology.