Ansh P.
Ansh P., Engineer
Experience:  Professional Systems Engineer with over a decade of experience in the field of technology.
14055801

I have a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z and I cannot scan a document

I have a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z and I cannot scan a document nor send it to my computer
Hi

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

I am Tech Specialist and today, I will be trying my best to solve your issue.

Have you tried to scan from the computer yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

How? Can you please explain.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It appears that I have lost what ever HP software that allows me to address the printer in the scan mode. I can copy documents so I can talk to the printer. I am using the wireless mode.

Edward, please go to desktop in Windows 8 > Search for scan > and press enter.

A scanner wizard should appear and press new scan and see if you are able to scan.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have searched for the scan mode on the windows 8 desktop and it is not there. I also have tried to reinstall/repair the software from the HP 4500 original installation CD disk but no matter what I try to do to set up the install wizard I just am not successful

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
He went offline
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
He went offline
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I successfully downloaded the software But I still cannot find the scan mode on windows 8 disktop or get to the scan wizard?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to thank you for your help! I thought that I had successfully installed the HP update but I found that the HP update software for windows 8 had several errors that I reported to HP and Microsoft and was able to get corrections and was able to finally correctly install The HP updates that you recommended. I can now scan my documents and send them to my computer. thanks again for your help.

Glad to know that. Kindly do not forget to rate me positively for the help.

Thanks a lot and have a great day. Smile