John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Kodak ESP7 Printer keeps saying paper jam, but there isnt

My Kodak ESP7 Printer keeps saying paper jam, but there isn't one.
I took the back panel off to check that also.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Is the printer still in warranty?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I don't have any of that paperwork to know if

it is still in warrantry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I do not still have the paper work for the warrantry

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Please follow all the steps below:

Clear paper jam:

1. Lift the output tray.
    Image
  2. Open the paper trays and remove any paper.
  3. Remove any foreign objects from the paper trays.
  4. If you are using the upper tray, check the area shown below and remove any misfed photo sheets.
    Image
  5. Press down on the center latch to open the cover for the duplexer.
  6. Remove any paper from the inside of the duplexer.
  7. Close the cover for the duplexer.
  8. Press on the side detents, and remove the duplexer.
    Image
  9. Check the area shown below and remove any misfed photo sheets.
    Image
  10. Remove any debris from the cleanout area.
  11. Check for foreign objects, and carefully remove them from your printer.
  12. Turn the printer on to its left side.
  13. Gently pull the main paper tray away from the printer.
    Image
  14. Looking from the bottom of the printer, check for paper or other foreign objects (tape, etc.) and carefully remove them.
  15. Slide the paper tray back in, and reposition the printer right-side-up.

Install the duplexer:

IMPORTANT: If the duplexer is not closed and seated completely, a paper jam or paper tray empty error can occur.
Image

• Align the Duplexer - 1 with the cleanout area on the back of the printer.
  • Push the duplexer in until the Side tabs - 2snap into place.
  • Check that the Duplexer door - 3 is closed and latched at the center.
    Image
Source:KODAK.COM

If it works, please come back here and leave me a positive feedback (I will show you the rating buttons). I get credited by justanswer.com only when you leave me a good rating.

If you don't come back and don't rate me positively (Good or Excellent rating is greatly appreciated), then I won't be paid by justanswer.com at all. I don't get any salary here, I am paid only by positively rated questions.

If it doesn't work, please come back as well and click "Reply to Expert" so we can continue troubleshooting. Please do NOT rate me negatively, just click "Reply to Expert" if you are NOT satisfied.

Thank you

John C.
John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John,

I have done all the instructions you gave me, but it

still shows paper jam. There is absolutely no paper

stuck at all. Thanks Patti

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately then the hardware is defective. When did you buy it approx?

Thank you.