Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

Hi Guys, have a Canon MP492 printer but unable to print.. message

Hi Guys, have a Canon MP492 printer but unable to print.. message in the screen shows error No 5200..cannot locate this error in the manual, did email you this problen few days ago but as yet no responce, appreciate if you can assist. thanks XXXXX 02 9484 0044
Thanks for posting your question ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you today.

Please open the printer cover and let me know, if the cartridges to the replacement position or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have replaced cartridges when attempting to print or copy still getting error message 5200 Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just to confirm the cartriges are NOT in the replacement position when cover opened

Thanks for the update Roy and I am extremely sorry for replying you late. Please follow the steps below on your printer and let me know the result.

1.Turn off the printer.

2.Open the printer cover.

3.Try to move the cartridges with your hand, if you are able to free the cartridges, then move them to the center of the printer.

4,Power on the printer and check if the cartridges can move to the right side or stay in the same position.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you think, it is at least "OK Service" or I have provided a Good or Excellent service.Reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Please remember, if you rate me less than 3 Star/Smiley (OK Service) , then I will not get paid for my time and effort and it is consider as negative rating. So,I request you to think before you rate my response and one more thing, if it is a hardware fault, then it is not possible for me to replace the spare through online, I can only tell you, what to do to solve the problem, because I cannot give you any wrong information, except the true facts. I hope you will understand.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sowray, unable to move cartridges when printer is turned off..Roy

Then disconnect the power cable from the printer, for 10 mins. after that reconnect the cable and power on the printer, then open the printer cover and let me know, if the cartridges can move to the replacement position or seems to be jammed as before.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sowray, cartridges moved to the replacement position, both copying and printing from my computer was succesfull...congratulations I will rate the situation as requested, once again thank you for your assistance.....