Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing

the ink absorber is full how do i fix it on canon mp280

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question ,My name is Sowrav I will try to help you today.

The waste ink tanks are actually piece of sponges that collect waste ink from the cartridges while printing and when you use your printer on a regular basis,they get saturated and must be replaced at a interval. You can order new absorbers from Canon,and the instructions for removing the old ones and installing new ones is provided with the package. It is a easy job but your fingers will get messy with ink stains,so wear gloves. The ink pads are located under the parking position of the print heads,when they are not printing. If you are not comfortable doing this job any computer repair shop will do it for you. But, before that you can follow the steps below to reset the printer and if the problem persist, then order the waste ink absorber.

Please note, you do this at your own risk, if your waste tank is nearly full, you could soon have a lot of ink all over your desk!

1] Unplug power and USB cable.
2] Open door and hold power button.
3] Connect power.
4] Close door, then release power button.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand and I wish to get a positive rating for my time and effort and please do not give me a negative rating for a hardware fault of the printer.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you think, it is at least "OK Service" or I have provided a Good or Excellent service.Reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Please remember, if you rate me less than 3 Star/Smiley (OK Service) , then I will not get paid for my time and effort and it is consider as negative rating. So,I request you to think before you rate my response and one more thing, if it is a hardware fault, then it is not possible for me to replace the spare through online, I can only tell you, what to do to solve the problem, because I cannot give you any wrong information, except the true facts. I hope you will understand.