Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your problem today.
This error is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:
(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head and each ink cartridge.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now
If that does not work, then you need to try soaking the print head. In this case:
(1) Remove the print head from the printer
(2) Soak it in hot water for an hour or so
(3) Remove it, let it dry completely
(4) Replace the print head and cartridges and test it
If that does not work then the print head will need to be replaced.
You can get a replacement printhead here:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Lexmark-100-Series-14N1339-Color-Printhead-/170902583862?pt=US_Print_Heads&hash=item27ca967a36
Thanks and please rate my answer once you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, please ask and I will continue working with you.