John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I replace the Transfer belt on a Samsung CLP-315 laser

Customer Question

How do I replace the Transfer belt on a Samsung CLP-315 laser priner
Category: Printers
Expert:  ITTechChris replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer and Pearl, the #1 ranked Third Party Q & A site in the world.

My name is Chris and I am a Professional Technician in Computer's and Electronic's.

Please use the Reply option as much as needed until we get you resolved.

* PROMPTED: Please remember to leave only a Positive Rating on My answer(s) when you are satisfied with my help.

Are you able to slide off the belt to the left? You must lift up.

I will be here for your response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

The answer is No. As I stated originally I have only taken out the cartridges, waste ink container and the drum. I can see the transfer belt but I cannot move it - do you need to unscrew the casing first?

Toni.

Toni,

Have you took the motor out yet?

Let's go ahead and take the screws off from the insides and take out the parts in the area, if will not budge, we will have to unscrew the casing.

I will be here for your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I haven't taken out the motor - I don't know where it is.

Do you have a picture that will show me what screws I need to take out and how to get at the transfer belt.

Toni.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I did not get the right information and it felt like Chris did not know the printer I had a problem with. His questions did not fit the Samsung CLP-315 printer. In the end I had to resolved the problem myself so I don't need another answer.
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I'm Bruce Mitchell, nicknamed "DrKlahn," and I'd like to continue with this question.

I'm consulting the service manual for the CLP-315W, and so far as I can see the transfer belt assembly pulls straight out after unplugging one connector. This is on page 3-9 of the manual, section 3.4.2, titled "ITB." I've extracted that section below as an image.

Is this the information you are seeking? If not, let me know and I'll do my best to find what you need.
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

(click anywhere on the above thumbnail to bring it to full scale)

If you do not have the service manual for the CLP-315, let me know and I'll find a location where you can download it so that we can work together on this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I said in my previous response I had resolved the problem myself and was able to pull out the transfer belt and replace it with a new one. My printer is back working fine but no thanks to your colleague Chris. - his responses were useless.

Toni.

Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. If you think you might need the service manual at some time in the future, let me know and I'll be glad to find a location where you can download it. The CLP310/315 service manual is exquisitely detailed (beautiful exploded drawings) in some sections, but somewhat sketchy in others ("disconnect the cable and pull the ITB out.")
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot see the ratings panel and I would like to put in a rating for Chris.

Also, I expect to have a full refund of the £28.00 I paid as the original answers were completely incorrect and, as I said before, I had to resolve the problem myself which I had done before you responded to me.

Toni.