tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician
Experience:  8 years as Computer Support Specialist which allows me to work on printers, projectors, networks, et
35117564

My hp photosmart 6515 will not print black ink. I have cleaned

My hp photosmart 6515 will not print black ink. I have cleaned the heads with the tools on the printer. I have changed the cartridge to 3 different ones. When I ran the sheets the black would start then fade out. I have tried copying and the come out blank.

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

tbwhite2040 :

If the black ink will not print then the print head is faulty and needs to be replaced to fix this issue. First I would try cleaning the print head to see if you can get the black ink to print

tbwhite2040 :

If cleaning does not correct the issue then it is definitely a bad print head and will need to be replaced

Customer:

where can i get this done

tbwhite2040 :

You can run a print head cleaning using your control panel on the printer itself.

Customer:

I have done this several times

tbwhite2040 :

This is a link for the print head and there should be a lever beside the printhead that releases the print head to replace it

Customer:

can i change this my self

tbwhite2040 :

yes

Customer:

thanks