Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

Epson Stylus NX130 I want to scan documents - how do I do this?

Epson Stylus NX130 I want to scan documents - how do I do this? Thanks

Hello and welcome,

You'll need to scan from an Epson program on your computer, I can assist with this.
Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or Mac?
If not sure, click HERE. On that page, under Operating system, it will say what you have.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Windows 7 Home premium

Thanks Wendy, there are 2 ways to scan from the printer to your computer:

1. Use the Epson Scan program, click the Windows Start button > All programs > Epson > You should see it in there. If you don't have it, you can download and install it from HERE. Just pick your operating system (Windows 7 32 or 64 bit, if you're not sure just let me know), then click on drivers, then pick the file called "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.780" and click download. Install this driver to your computer to get the Epson Scan program.

2. An easier workaround, if you prefer, is to use the built in scanning feature in Microsoft Paint. Click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Accessories > Paint

Inside paint, click the blue menu button in the upper left and select From Scanner or Camera

This will launch your scanner’s user interface, perform the scan, and it will show on your computer so you can print it from there.

Take your time and let me know what you find. I will keep working until you are satisfied, so you can reply back as much as you need. Please also remember a positive rating is the only way I'm paid for my work, so once you feel I have answered all your question(s) satisfactorily please remember to submit one.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cool. Found it and tried it - worked! Will each scanned page create a separate document? I would like to have several pages in one document for emailing.

Great, you should have an option in Epson scan to scan more images after it is done, something similar to the dialog box below:

You can keep adding pages, and when you're finished, save them into one file.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can't see that, or similar, anywhere. Has 4 modes: Full Auto; Home; Office; Professional but none of them show that dialogue box.

Could you try leaving it on Home mode, then press scan.

After it is done scanning, it should show you the scan on screen, and then a second dialog box should pop up automatically, asking you if you are finished or if you want to keep scanning more documents:

If that doesn't come up, please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No - it doesn't come up. Under File Save Settings, the box is ticked for Show Add Page dialog after scanning

What should the destination be? Choices are Screen/Web; Printer: Other

Do you see an option on that page to select pictures for the location? If not, select other, then browse to your desktop.

Then for the image format select PDF

And make sure these three boxes are checked:

"Show this dialog box before next scan"
"Open image folder after scanning"
"Show add page dialog after scanning"

Then press ok, and try to scan again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes - that worked. Thanks so much. I think changing the image format to pdf made the difference as the other settings were as you suggested.

You're very welcome Wendy, I was happy to assist you today : )

If you have other questions in the future and would like to reach me again, you can ask me directly here: LINK. There are also more Professionals who specialize in Legal, Health, Veterinary, Auto (and more) via the newly designed site.

Best regards,