Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

How do I clear a printhead carriage jam on my Kodak ESPOffice

How do I clear a printhead carriage jam on my Kodak ESPOffice 6150 printer?
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then look inside the cartridge access with a flashlight.
Make sure the tabs above the cartridge did not pop up.
If they did use something long and thin to push then back down like a flat head screwdriver.
Then look below them there is a small sponge like pad that sometimes gets caught on the bottom.
If it is there push it back down (it will be covered in ink).
After that manually move the print head back and forth 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the guide bar.
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds with the machine still unplugged.
Then plug it back in and turn it on. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Kodak. If for some reason you try to rate and you are not able to please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The tabs above the carriage did not pop up. The small sponge like pad has not caught on the bottom. What can I do now?

After checking those follow the rest of the steps still please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The print head still will not move. Do you want me to hold down the power button 30 seconds with the printer unplugged eventhough the print head will not move?

it should move freely along the guide bar, however if you can not get it to skip that part and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I held down the power button for 30 seconds with the printer unplugged and plugged it back and turned the printer on. The carriage moved back into position and I successfully copied my document. Thanks for your help.

Your welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.