Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

My Canon Pixma MP600 displayed the error code: U052 "the type

My Canon Pixma MP600 displayed the error code: U052 "the type of print head is incorrect.
install the correct print head when I turned it on today. I removed the print head and
reinstalled it to no avail. turned printer on and off, etc. what do I do next?

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you.

The error means that the issue is with printhead, it is either not installed properly or damaged. Please try removing and reinstalling the printhead properly by following the instructions below.

Try removing and replacing the cartridges. Then, replace if you have any defective cartridges. AFter that, try removing and reseating the printhead. Please find instructions from the link below.

If the issue still persists, you have to replace the printhead with a new one in order to get the issue resolved.

If the issue persists or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be happy to assist you.

Please do not Rate my answer with POOR or BAD. Please let me know, so that I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If the response was helpful, please remember to RATE my service with 3-5 STARS OR a Smiley face, before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

All you did was to tell me to do what I told you I had already done in my

original question. I have to buy a new printhead, right?

Yes. Please purchase a new printhead for your printer in order to get the issue resolved. I would suggest contact Canon at (NNN) NNN-NNNNor find it from the link below.

You may also get printhead from the ebay link given below.

Thank you.